Spend Ten to Jump Start Our Economy
It’s time that we take back our economy. We’ve been waiting too long for someone to do something. Banks are failing, jobless claims are up, and homes are foreclosing in record numbers. Bailouts have occurred and economic stimulus is on the way – eventually. Meanwhile, more people are starving and becoming homeless. Americans must act NOW to stop this crisis and once again move our country back to glory as the financial leader of the world. In 1776 the United States of America was founded for the people and by the people. So people, let’s get going!
Spend Ten Day
As each citizen and resident of our country spends $10 (or more) on a product or service, which they had not already intended to purchase, we will immediately inject over $3 BILLION into the US economy. As every dollar spent circulates through our finance and commercial systems at least ten times, this will quickly have the impact of a total stimulus of $30 BILLION. This means no debates, no politics, no bureaucratic delays -- just good old American Style action.
What you will do for your fellow Americans?
- Help stop foreclosures and give us back the security of our homes.
- Help prevent job layoffs and produce new job opportunities.
- Provide more money for schools, social services, law enforcement, etc.
- Give back dignity where it has been lost.
- Make our country more secure.
- Put smiles back on faces -- especially yours!
This is the time for strong leadership from Washington, DC, and our State Capitals
Our political leadership must do more than debate. What we need to see is President Obama and his cabinet visiting Best Buy and each one of them spending $10 to purchase a CD. Congress needs to get out of the Capitol and visit the local mall where they should each acquire a brand new set of golf clubs. We need governors who lead by example. And that example needs to reflect confidence that we can once again put money back into our economy. We need action and results not more debates.
Sign Our Petition
Buy a Spend Ten t-shirt today!
10 Things that you can do today:
- Sign the Petition.
- Contact your local city council and encourage them to declare a day as Spend Ten Day.
- Contact at least 10 friends, family members, associates, colleagues, or co-workers and encourage them to Spend Ten today. Encourge them to sign the Petition.
- Post a Spend Ten logo to your website or blog page.
- Comment on blogs and Internet forums encouraging people to sign the Petition and to Spend Ten today.
- Use Twitter.com, Facebook.com, and MySpace.com to post messages supporting Spend Ten.
- Contact your local media and request that they run articles supporting Spend Ten.
- Contact any associations, organizations, churches, clubs, or other groups you belong to and request that they support Spend Ten.
- Write Letters to the Editor of your local paper and call into radio talk shows expressing your support for Spend Ten.
- Share your success stories with us so that we can share them with others.
Just a few ideas on how to Spend Ten:
- Buy a new CD or DVD
- Leave an additional $10 tip at the restaurant
- Go to the movies
- Get your car washed
- Buy a bestselling book
- Subscribe to a new magazine
- Take your family or a friend out to eat
- Buy some food for the homeless shelter or animal shelter
- Pay someone to clean your yard
- Go bowling
Join the other 305,952,735 (Population Clock) Americans and residents of our great country by supporting Spend Ten today.
(While this is directed predominantly to Americans, if the other countries of the world would also support Spend Ten, the initial stimulus to the world economy would be over $60 billion. That’s a lot of Happy Meals!)
"Fixing a trillion dollar economy starts with the first ten dollar bill."